A few most memorable 2013 food moments. It’s partly about the food, partly about the company– pretty much all of these involved a small group of good friends.
- Finally roasting a chicken in a dutch oven, a basic life skill
- Making Tartiflette, with a Belgian beer tasting
- Milk-braising a pork shoulder = morning-after carnitas during an otherwise rough week
- Biking in the sun, eating dumplings (Western Lands Dumpling Tour)
- Five or six great dinners at flour + water, still my favorite bay area restaurant
- Two trips to Portland (Oregon, that is) with friends– and eating at Apizza Scholls and Screen Door and Evoe, with stops at the Horse Brass Pub on both trips.
- Having a Japanese-themed dinner party (many different pickles and farm food, sushi)
- Ramen Shop in Oakland
- Yakitori Alley under the Yurakucho train station
- Amazing sushi after lucking into Daiwa Sushi in Tsukiji market, Tokyo (skipping the 2-3 hour line since I was solo)
- Homebrewing all year, with one beer (a citrusy IPA) I think was actually quite good
(blah blah blah, year in review, blah blah blah)